Tuesday

Rebecca Black Is The New Cool Thing To Hate

When I was 13, I had some of the best days of my life.
Sure, I made some of the most stupidest decisions too- saw too many boys, didn't finish my homework on time, broke friendships, lied, got into trouble, failed an exam etc. but I was 13. The world wasn't expecting much from me.
It would suck however, if I was famous.

Because if you are famous, or want to be, it doesn't matter how old you are- 5, 10, 13... if you do not meet the audience's needs (whatsoever that might be, no matter how sadly infamous those people are), you are done for.

A prime example?
13 year old superstar in the making- Rebecca Black.

The crime she committed? Nothing.
Her mistake? Singing stupid lyrics, that weren't written by her.

So Black is a rich kid (or so I've heard) and her parent's paid for her video with this auto-tune obsessed record label, called 'Ark Music Factory'.
Nothing wrong with that, according to me, if you've got money, use it to the best of your abilities.

Anyway, so out comes Black's video 'Friday' and it's got the dumbest lyrics in the world, literally narrating the days of the weeks and in which order they proceed and something about her having difficulty in deciding where to sit and all.
And okay fine, no one's denying the absurdity in the lyrics!

But why hate on her? More so, when we know she's a 13 year old kid?
Didn't you do ANYTHING stupid when you were that age, that if it were broadcast on television or the internet, you wouldn't leave your house?

The video went viral and now she is supposedly the most 'disliked' (usage of polite word) person on YouTube.
If she kills herself, I'd like to see everyone who contributed to her death by posting irrelevant, clichéd, repetitive hate statuses about her take a stand.

It's cool to hate (I'd never) but I get it.

Someone finds a video of a kid singing dumb lyrics, tell their friends, they all might not get it but they'll still laugh along CAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE'S DOING and then post ignorant/hate statuses and comments all over the internet.
Because she's dumb, it's funny and all that jazz.

I'm honestly sick of this 'cool to hate' attitude that people have these days. Everyone just wants to be in on something, even if they don't entirely get it. Really?
And we hate on a 13 year old kid for making a bad decision?
And what's super sad is when people hate without a reason.
Ever researched upon the kid and drawn your own conclusion? If people really knew about music, you'd see how amazing she sounds minus the auto-tune shit.

Well anyway, here's my rant- Fuck you everyone who's ever hated/disliked/mocked her.
But also, thank you, for making her the most viewed on YouTube and also for making her a top selling artist on iTunes.




Awe.
so much for hating.

Big Fail.

No comments: