Sunday

Elevator Awkwardness

Why are elevators such conversation killers?
I don't mean this in regards to walking into an empty lift, and continuing the conversation you were having earlier.
Wait.. Let me rephrase that:

Why are crowded elevators such conversation killers?

Sure, it could get annoying to talk to your friend in a lift filled with other people. But that barely seems it...
It's just plain awkward.

I'm not sure about the majority, but when in a crowded elevator, I not only look down to avoid looking at someone in the face/avoid looking at them looking at me, or at the elevator buttons/screen to see how fast I'm going to reach my destination... But I have this uncontrollable need to laugh.
ALL OF A SUDDEN I just really want to laugh.

This could seriously depend on the company I'm with- like a hilarious friend or someone equally 'elevator awkward'.


Anyway, I really had no point with this blog, but here's hoping I'm alone in the elevator tomorrow.

No comments: